Renewal of the Group's management team and new appointments
The Board of Directors today decided, following recommendations by the Appointments Committee and as proposed by CEO Frédéric Oudéa, to renew the Group's General Management team, thereby further developing the diversity of its talents.
The Board resolved to propose that Frédéric Oudéa be reappointed as Chief Executive Officer for a further four-year term at the Shareholders’ Meeting to be held in May 2019.
Frédéric Oudéa will be supported by four Deputy CEOs with banking expertise and complementary career experience:
- Diony Lebot, currently Group Chief Risk Officer, is appointed Deputy CEO, in charge of the control functions (Risk, Finance and Compliance).
- Philippe Aymerich, currently CEO of Crédit du Nord, is appointed Deputy CEO, in charge of French Retail Banking activities and Group resources (IT, Real Estate and Sourcing).
- Séverin Cabannes, currently Deputy CEO in charge of control functions and Group resources takes over supervision of the Global Banking and Investor Solutions activities.
- Philippe Heim, currently Chief Financial Officer, is appointed Deputy CEO, in charge of International Retail Banking activities, Financial Services and Insurance.
Bernardo Sanchez Incera, Deputy Chief Executive Officer in charge of Retail Banking, who launched the transformation of French Retail Banking and turned around the International Retail Banking business, has decided to continue his career outside of the Group.
Following the constitution of the new General Management team, the Group also announced the following appointments:
- Sylvie Rémond, currently co-Head of Coverage and Investment Banking is appointed Group Chief Risk Officer;
- William Kadouch-Chassaing, currently Head of Group Strategy, is appointed Group Chief Financial Officer;
- Françoise Mercadal-Delasalles, currently Deputy CEO of Crédit du Nord is appointed today by the Board of Crédit du Nord as CEO. Jean-Louis Klein, currently Head of Corporate Accounts for Societe Generale Retail Banking in France is appointed Deputy CEO of Crédit du Nord.
These appointments will be effective as of 14th May 2018.
Lorenzo Bini Smaghi, Chairman, said: “The Board of Directors’ decisions show the Bank's capacity to renew the management team around Frédéric Oudéa based on the talents within the Group. The selection procedure was implemented efficiently and in accordance with succession plans. We are delighted to announce the renewed appointment of Frédéric Oudéa and the appointment of his new team. This team has the experience, determination and energy to successfully carry through the transformations set out in the Group's strategic plan at the end of 2017.”
Frédéric Oudéa, CEO: “To promote the Group's talents and support the best execution of our strategic plan I wanted to train a first-rank team to stand alongside me, comprised of leaders with complementary and diverse experience and profiles, with proven track records of expertise and leadership. I must also extend my warmest thanks to Bernardo Sanchez Incera for his key contribution to the transformation of our retail banking business and wish him every success in his future projects. With this new management team, we have given ourselves every chance to successfully complete our strategic plan and build our Group's future together.”
Laetitia Maurel – +33 1 42 13 88 68 – email@example.com
Saphia Gaouaoui – +33 1 58 98 03 60 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
Biographies available on our website