Societe Generale, a partner of Esport & gaming
Societe Generale has been supporting sport, and in particular Rugby, for over 30 years. Since 2018, true to its tradition of innovation, we have also been involved with video games, or esports, through the GamersOrigin club. Performance, discipline, team spirit and commitment are all values shared by the Group and the club.
GamersOrigin is an esport club competing in many leading video games. Players participate in tournaments nationally and internationally, and have already won more than 500 prizes since the team began in 2011.
The partnership with Societe Generale enables GamersOrigin to continue its development in France and in Europe, but also to open a new generation training centre providing players with the best possible support. This training centre offers GamersOrigin players all the means available to help them express the full extent of their potential.
This €3 million fundraiser represents an opportunity for us to reach a new level and to continue our development in a rapidly expanding environment.
Initiatives for all esport fans
In addition to the partnership with GamersOrigin and commitment to esport, Societe Generale offers a Mastercard "League of Legends" bank card in France. Fans of video game can also enjoy many advantages: discounts on gaming equipment rental and purchases, coaching sessions and exclusive meetings with esports professionals.
Societe Generale's presence in esport and gaming doesn't stop there:
- Networking events have also brought together developers, fans, professional gamers and Societe Generale staff for constructive exchanges.
- During Societe Generale's TechWeek 2019 event, Societe Generale staff had the opportunity to discover esport and try their hand at the League of Legends game with GamersOrigin players.
- As a major sponsor of the Pegasus ceremony, the French video games awards, our Group was also the initiative behind the largest Fortnite amateur tournament.
- The Group is also a co-creator, alongside influencer Doigby, of the online #LaDétectionBySG Fortnite Tournament, which brings together nearly 10,000 participants among the over 40,000 who registered especially for the event.
- Finally, Societe Generale is the main partner of the 2020 Z LAN. This event brings together more than 200 players, most of them streamers, who compete in pairs on 10 selected games, all of which will be broadcast in full online on Twitch.