Societe Generale has signed a new three-year agreement to promote the employment and professional insertion of persons with disabilities
Societe Generale has signed its fourth three-year agreement to promote the employment and professional insertion of persons with disabilities. In 2017, Societe Generale is also partnering with the Disability, Employment and Responsible Purchasing Fair to be held on 27 March at the Palais des Congrès de Paris.
A new three-year agreement signed
The previous agreement promoting the employment and professional integration of persons with disabilities within Societe Generale covered the 2014-2016 period.
Introduced by the Group Mission Handicap which is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, and signed by the trade unions on 24 November 2016, the new agreement focuses on four main priorities:
1. Strengthen recruiting and promote the integration of persons with disabilities;
2. Maintain quality, personalised support for employees with disabilities;
3. Foster a climate of trust encouraging employees to disclose their situation so that we may better support them;
4. Pursue actions to promote responsible purchasing with disability-friendly companies and ESAT.
Societe Generale is committed to taking strong measures
- Strengthening our regional network with the recruitment of Disability Integration Managers charged with deploying and promoting the disability action plan on the ground by drawing on a network of more than 200 local experts;
- Implementation of an integration process for employees with disabilities covering the first six months of employment;
- Implementation of measures to encourage the declaration of employees with disabilities in order to better support them;
- Continuation of awareness-raising and training initiatives on the subject of disability for all managers and HR staff, key players in the agreement;
- Increased use of responsible purchasing via the protected sector.
Major partner of the second Disability, Employment and Responsible Purchasing Fair
On 27 March 2017, Societe Generale will attend the Disability, Employment and Responsible Purchasing Fair to be held at the Palais des Congrès de Paris.
By rallying 3,000 visitors, 120 disability-friendly companies & ESAT and 500 experts, the aim of the Disability, Employment and Responsible Purchasing Fair is to improve the employability of persons with disabilities and the use of the protected sector.
The success of the first edition allowed the Group to raise awareness among many employees who made qualified leads with companies in the protected sector, and to generate 400,000 euros in additional revenue with this sector in 2016.
For Edouard-Malo Henry, Societe Generale Group Head of Human Resources, “the diversity of our teams is an added value: a driver of engagement, innovation and performance for the company. The new agreement promoting the employment and professional insertion of persons with disabilities for the 2017-2020 period reaffirms the Group’s long-standing commitment to supporting employees with disabilities in a non-discriminatory and equal opportunity approach.”
Astrid Fould-Bacquart - +33 (0)1 56 37 67 95 - Astrid.Fould-Bacquart@socgen.com - @SG_presse