Societe Generale: Successful outcome of the simplified tender offer on Boursorama and implementation of the squeeze out procedure
Following the simplified tender offer launched by Société Générale on Boursorama’s shares, and opened from May 5th to May 16th 2014 included (the "Offer"), Société Générale and Caixa Group, acting in concert, together hold 95.91% of Boursorama’s share capital and voting rights, Société Générale holding directly 75.42% of Boursorama’s share capital and voting rights.
To the extent minority shareholders hold in aggregate less than 5% of Boursorama’s share capital and voting rights, Société Générale requested the AMF to implement the squeeze out procedure, in accordance with announcements made during the Offer and press releases published on March 18th and May 5th. The squeeze out will be effective on Wednesday, May 28th and will be carried out at the same price as the simplified tender offer, i.e. 12 euros per share, net of all fees.
As a reminder, Société Générale and Caixa Group signed on March 17th, 2014, a concerting shareholders agreement with respect to Boursorama. Prior to the opening of the Offer, they held individually 55.35% and 20.55% respectively, and together 75.90% of Boursorama’s share capital and voting rights.
The strengthening of Société Générale in the capital of Boursorama, the leading online bank in France, is part of the Group's strategy to pursue its development in this market.