Societe Generale celebrates music with its employees
Societe Generale has been committed to supporting classical music for nearly 30 years. In honour of the 2016 World Music Day, the Group is organising more than 50 concerts, with 240 employees participating in music events in the countries where the Group is present.
Societe Generale employees with Les Siècles orchestra in La Défense headquarters in 2015
Programme available at www.mecenatmusical.societegenerale.com
This year, the Bank aims to involve even more employee musicians and choir members in the festival:
- Throughout the day, 5 pianos will be available at the Societe Generale Towers at La Défense and in Val de Fontenay: "Play Me" invites employees to share an impromptu, convivial moment.
- Employee musical ensembles will appear in the bank’s offices: 15 employees (guitarists and singers) will perform classics of bossa nova, African American spirituals, rock and French chanson. The world rock group Major Tom, the Chœur Enchanté from Val de Fontenay, the Security Services choir from the Nantes office and the London employee choir will offer various concerts.
- As a preview showing, rehearsals for "Playing for the Paris Philharmonic" - the continuation of the project "Playing for Salle Pleyel" - are exceptionally open to the public, offering a unique opportunity to experience this project behind the scenes. 80 amateur musicians will rehearse with musicians from the Les Siècles Orchestra.
Young musicians and ensembles supported by Mécénat Musical Societe Generale will again perform in branches throughout France and the Group’s international entities. For example:
- The group Les Voix Animées will appear at the Musée national de la Marine in Toulon, while the scholarship recipients Hugues Borsarello, Arnaud Thorette and Gauthier Herrmann will give a concert at the Musée de Grenoble;
- In Morocco, a grand master of classical music, Mohammed Briouel of the Arab-Andalusian Orchestra of Fez, will perform at the Bank’s headquarters in Casablanca.
Experience music @SocieteGenerale on Twitter: