Societe Generale rewarded for the quality of its individual shareholder service
On December 1st, the Group was awarded the Bronze Trophy for the best shareholder relations in the CAC 40.
As it does every year, Le Revenu, a magazine specialising in financial investment advice, launched a major survey of CAC 40 companies to assess the quality of the services they offer to individual shareholders.
The awards granted by Le Revenu magazine are based on a questionnaire of fourteen questions addressed to shareholder relations departments to assess their involvement in the relationship with their individual shareholders. These questions cover a wide range of services such as the shareholders' letter, the club, the advisory committee, or digital services. Finally, the 40 websites of eligible companies are screened to assess the space reserved for individual shareholders.
Focus on Societe Generale:
- Societe Generale's individual shareholders in France represent approximately 231,000 shareholders excluding employees, i.e. approximately 6.2% of Societe Generale's shareholder base.
- The communication dedicated to individual shareholders is composed of:
- 4 digital shareholder letters sent at the time of the results and 1 shareholder letter sent by post after the General Meeting;
- 2 meetings of the Shareholders' Consultative Committee per year: this committee brings together 12 individual shareholders appointed for 3 years, as well as the President of ASSACT, as an associate member. It is held in the presence of a member of the Executive Board and enables us to strengthen our communication and relations with our individual shareholders;
- Web conferences such as the one held by Claire Dumas on September 27 in the Boursorama studio;
- A partnership with an educational stock market challenge for students, offered by Nextwise;
- The access to educational videos on share buybacks and financial communication;
- Participation in multi-issuer shareholder meetings throughout France.
- Individual shareholders, depending on their level of shareholding, may be eligible for the Club. This gives them the opportunity to participate in events organised around music, contemporary art or rugby.
- Individual shareholders can contact the Group through a dedicated email address and telephone number.
More information on the Societe Generale "Being a shareholder" page
More information on Societe Generale's shareholding structure