Diversity and inclusion
At Societe Generale group, diversity and inclusion are not just a result of legal obligations, they are now and will continue to be strategic factors that stand for what we are all about: “Building together, with our clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative solutions.”
We are determined to be a company where employees feel good as they are, reflecting the diversity of the customers we serve and the society in which we operate.
Promoting diversity and inclusion is key to building a company that is both efficient and innovative as well as responsible and open to the world.
Creating a work environment conducive to inclusion
- Diversity and inclusion at every level of the organisation
- Strong Group commitments to diversity
- Values conveyed through common measures
Promoting employee diversity that reflects our customers and our societies
- Employee careers based on skills
- A balanced compensation policy
- Engaged employee communities
Fighting against all forms of discrimination
- Focus on gender equality
- Focus on generational balance
- Focus on non-discrimination of the LGBT+ community
- Focus on people with disabilities
Some key findings about Societe Generale in France:
- A budget of €7 million (2019-2021) to remove the unjustified wage gap between women and men;
- In accordance with the requirements of the French law "Avenir" of 5 September 2018 seeking to remove wage disparities between women and men, Societe Generale SA in France published its Gender Equality Index score, which stands at 86 out of a maximum score of 100 for the 2020 financial year.
"The level of our Gender Equality Index is a reflection of our continuous efforts to fight against inequalities and encourage the promotion of women to positions of responsibility. "
Caroline Guillaumin, Group Head of Human Resources and Group Head of Communication
Societe Generale group
- Press Release: Societe Generale pledges new diversity objectives
- Women's Empowerment Principles
- Women Empowerment Principles 2020 Report PDF 162.12 KB
- International Labor Organization Global Business & Disability Network Charter
- Modern Slavery Act
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Conversation guide - Each for a LGBT+ inclusive workspace