Societe Generale is selling a 20% stake in ALD, representing 80.8 million shares, up to 23%(1), or 92.9 million shares, in case of exercise of the 15% over-allotment option granted to the stabilizing agent. Societe Generale will remain the controlling shareholder of ALD and reaffirms its long-term support to its subsidiary.
The IPO is intended to enable ALD to gain visibility and reputation in the mobility ecosystem as well as to access to new means of financing and to increase its capacity to accelerate its development and to seize new growth opportunities in both the corporate and B2C markets.
Frédéric Oudéa, Chief Executive Officer of Societe Generale, confirmed: “We are delighted with the success of the IPO of ALD which is a key milestone for the strategic development of our subsidiary. ALD has all it needs to become a leader in a rapidly changing mobility sector with strong growth potential and opportunities. As the controlling shareholder, Societe Generale group will continue to support ALD. Given the success of this major transaction and thanks to the quality of its teams, we are confident that ALD is very well positioned to achieve its ambitious objectives”.
The final terms of the offering are the following:
• Price of the French public offering (“French Public Offering”) and the international offering (“International Offering”, together with the French Public Offering, the “Global Offering”) : €14.30 per share
• Initial size of the Global Offering: 80,820,728 existing shares sold by Societe Generale (the “Firm Shares”), representing 20% of the ALD’s share capital, and gross proceeds of approximately €1,156 million
• Over-allotment option through the sale of a maximum of 12,123,109 additional shares by Societe Generale (the “Option Shares”, together with the Firm Shares, the “Offered Shares”), that represent up to 15% of the Firm Shares. Assuming the exercise in full of the over-allotment option, the total size of the Global Offering is approximately €1,329 million
• Market capitalization: approximately €5,779 million, on the basis of a Global Offering price of €14.30 per share and 404,103,640 shares composing ALD’s capital
ALD shares are expected to start trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris on 16 June 2017 on an as if and when delivered basis (ALD AIW).
Settlement and delivery of the French Public Offering and the International Offering are scheduled on 19 June 2017.
(1) As an indication, a disposal of 23% of ALD’s share capital will have a positive impact of approximately 13 basis points on the CET1 ratio of Societe Generale Group at the end of June 2017.
Antoine Lheritier - +33 1 42 13 68 99 - firstname.lastname@example.org
+33 1 42 14 47 72 - email@example.com