“The Group takes sustainable development issues into account in its long-term strategy, and in the day-to-day conduct of its business activities. Societe Generale wants to be the standard-setting relationship bank for its clients, and takes care to respond to their financial requirements in a responsible manner, and to play its full role in financing the economy. Accordingly, the Group’s CSR initiatives are recognised by extra-financial rating agencies, and it is also included in the main stock market sustainable development indices”, Jean-Michel Mépuis, the Group’s Director of Sustainable Development and CSR, comments.
The Group is committed to an ongoing improvement approach based on five strategic priorities, which are conveyed in all its business lines.
1. DEVELOPING RESPONSIBLE FINANCING
2. ROLLING OUT A SOCIALLY INCLUSIVE AND RESPONSIBLE BANKING OFFER
3. BOOSTING ITS RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYER INITIATIVE
4. EXEMPLARY MANAGEMENT OF ITS ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT AND PURCHASES
5. REINFORCING ITS ROLE WITHIN CIVIL SOCIETY