Societe Generale stood out for the quality of its communication with its shareholders. The Group lays a lot of stress on regular dialogue with individual shareholders through:
- meetings with the general management to maintain close relations with shareholders and provide a platform to discuss their company's strategy;
- the Shareholder Consultative Committee which was created nearly 30 years ago, and which advises the group on how to communicate with shareholders based on its commitment and experience;
- new initiatives, notably the set-up of online meetings during which shareholders can interact directly, and the development of a mobile application specifically for individual shareholders, which will be available shortly;
- a dedicated space on the Group's institutional website under "My shareholder area" providing shareholders with all the information they need;
- the Societe Generale Club which rewards shareholder loyalty and invites them to participate in around sixty events around France every year.
During the award ceremony on 4 November, Group Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Hervé de Kerdrel, said: "This award is a reflection of the Group's commitment to maintaining a relationship of trust with its shareholders, which hinges on transparent, educational and regular communication."