Societe Generale was notably awarded for:
- its capacity to develop the skills and employability of its employees: an active internal mobility policy, identification of strategic talent and help in preparing them for future management roles, an enhanced training offering available to all through new digital channels (virtual classes, videos, MOOCs(1), Rapid Learning courses(2), etc.);
- its concrete measures to optimise quality of life in the workplace as part of the Life at Work programme, which include teleworking, experimenting with flexible work spaces, initiatives to help foster a work/life balance;
- the development of a digital culture through the Digital For All programme, designed to encourage the appropriation of digital tools by all employees, and the rollout of the "Make Me Digital" MOOC;
- a corporate culture that centres on the clients and the Group's values (Team Spirit, Innovation, Commitment, Responsibility), which are reflected in our skill requirements and rolled out across all of our HR processes (recruitment, evaluation, training, etc).
This certification is a reflection of the attention the Group places on its employees and the commitment shown by them. Recognising their contribution to the Group's performance, promoting quality of life in the workplace, and emphasising team diversity are key attributes that help to anchor employees within the Bank and increase efficiency.
The Top Employers Institute awarded this certification to a panel of benchmark companies after an independent evaluation of their HR policies and practices, which included: the management of careers and talented employees, training, working conditions, employee commitment, social benefits, etc. The results of this evaluation are audited by Grant Thornton.
(1) Massive Open Online Courses.
(2) E-learning modules of 15 to 20 minutes designed internally by business line experts.