Societe Generale is participating in the 2015 Music Festival by offering its customers and employees the opportunity to hear the music of artists and groups supported by its music sponsorship association Mécénat Musical Société Générale (MMSG), as well as concerts given by Group employees. In France and several other countries where the Group is present, numerous different acts have been scheduled, spanning a broad range of musical genres.
For instance, a "happening" has been directed today by François-Xavier Roth, at the Societe Generale Towers at La Défense, with 160 employees taking part in the "Playing for Salle Pleyel 2014" project, with some fifty musicians from the "Les Siècles" orchestra, and vocal ensemble "Les Métaboles". They interpreted notably excerpts from Leonard Bernstein's West Side Story.
Along with the field of contemporary art, classical music is one of the two cornerstones of the Société Générale Group's cultural sponsorship policy. This policy has forged many ties between the worlds of art, music, business and society. It is open to a very broad audience, which makes this annual Music Festival an ideal outlet of expression in celebration of music.
Programme in France:
- Nantes: open air concerts given by Societe Generale choir "Au Chœur des Titres"
- Aix en Provence: concerts by the saxophone quartet Osmose
- Caen: concert with guitarist Claire Besson and soprano Clémentine Decouture
- Lisieux: concerts with flautist Anne Besson and harpist Pauline Haas
- Le Havre: concert by Ensemble Contraste and participation by employees at the Musée Malraux auditorium
- Paris (Bourse, Pont-Neuf and Marais branches): concert by the clarinet quartet of Benjamin Christ, a MMSG scholarship recipient.
- Head office at La Defense and Val-de-Fontenay office: featuring classical music, jazz, pop rock, French variety and music from around the world are organized by and for the employees.
Programme in other countries of operations:
- Beijing, China: on 9 June, concert given by SG employees at a charity dinner organized by the Bank; on 12 June, concert at the National Center of Performing Arts in Beijing.
- Prague, Czech Republic: on 19 June, concerts with Haiya Table, JG Kvintet / Profi Big Band at the head office of Komerční Banka.
- Bucharest, Romania: on 19 June, concerts given by Ensemble Violocellissimo: one at the head office and the other at a branch.
- Bangalore and Chennai, India: on 26 June, concerts and musical performances by employees at the Group's offices.
- Dublin: on 24 and 25 June, recitals hold by MMSG scholarship recipient Clément Lefebvre at the Royal Irish Academy of Music, and then at the French Embassy.
- Casablanca, Morocco: on 25 June, concert of Arab-Andalusian music given by Hicham Debbi’s Orchestra at the head office of Societe Generale Marocco.