The digital transformation is at the centre of Societe Generale’s strategy and the development of digital solutions and services for individual shareholders and investors is naturally an important part of this. Several initiatives stood Societe Generale apart from its peers:
- the mobile phone app that allows individual shareholders to remain in touch with the Group’s latest news at all times (share price, news, events, audio and video interviews, access to the Societe Generale Club);
- the live broadcast of the General Shareholders’ Meeting on the Shareholders app and the website;
- online conferences on current affairs or asset management matters, during which individual investors can ask questions live;
- the area of the corporate website dedicated to shareholders was deemed comprehensive, modern and efficient, and members of the Societe Generale Club also have a customised interface;
- regular e-mail information updates, in particular on the same day the quarterly results are announced.
At the award ceremony held on 8 November, Philippe Heim, the Group's Chief Financial Officer, said, “This award reflects the importance the Group attaches to modernising its communications in order to maintain close ties with its shareholders. Societe Generale has seized the opportunities offered by digital technologies to provide transparent, informative, regular communications for its shareholders.”