- Stable net banking income for the businesses (EUR 6,392m, -0.5% vs. Q2 16), with the substantial growth in International Retail Banking & Financial Services offsetting the decline in Global Banking & Investor Solutions (-4.3% vs. Q2 16) compared with the high level in Q2 16, and the slight fall (-1.8%(1) vs. Q2 16) in French Retail Banking.
- Group book net banking income, including non-economic items, of EUR 5,199m, down -25.6% vs. Q2 16 (base effect in Q2 16 related to the capital gain on the Visa sale (EUR 725m) and the impact of the settlement with the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA) signed in Q2 17 for EUR -963m, booked in the Corporate Centre).
- Operating expenses under control, +1.2% vs. Q2 16.
- Commercial cost of risk(2) of 15bp in Q2 17 (38bp in Q2 16) reflecting the improvement in the Group’s risk profile. Net cost of risk including a net write-back of EUR 450m in respect of the provision for disputes.
- Book Group net income of EUR 1,058m in Q2 17 (EUR 1,461m in Q2 16).
- Underlying Group net income(3) up +11.0% at EUR 1,165m in Q2 17 (EUR 1,050m in Q2 16).
- Fully-loaded CET1 ratio of 11.7% (11.6% at March 31st, 2017)
H1 17: GOOD HALF-YEAR RESULTS
- Net banking income for the businesses of EUR 12.9bn (+1.7% vs. H1 16)
- Operating expenses contained (+2.2% vs. H1 16 excluding Euribor fine refund in Q1 16)
- Book Group net income of EUR 1,805m (EUR 2,385m in H1 16)
- Underlying Group net income(3) of EUR 2,551m, up +32.6% in H1 17 (EUR 1,924m in H1 16)
- Underlying ROE(3) of 9.5% (7.5% in H1 16)
EPS(4): EUR 2.12 in H1 17 (EUR 2.77 in H1 16). Provision for dividend of EUR 1.10/share
The Alternative Performance Measures, notably the notions of net banking income for the pillars, operating expenses, IFRIC 21 adjustment, (commercial) cost of risk in basis points, ROE, RONE, net assets, tangible net assets, EPS excluding non-economic items, and the amounts serving as a basis for the different restatements carried out (in particular the transition from accounting data to underlying data) are presented in the methodology notes, as are the principles for the presentation of prudential ratios. The footnotes * and ** in this document are specified below:
* When adjusted for changes in Group structure and at constant exchange rates.
** Excluding non-economic items.
(1) Excluding PEL/CEL provision.
(2) Excluding disputes, in basis points for assets at the beginning of the period, including operating leases.
(3) See methodology note 5 for the transition from accounting data to underlying data.
(4) Excluding non-economic items (gross EPS in H1 17: EUR 1.94 and EUR 2.71 in H1 16)
Saphia GAOUAOUI - firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)1 58 98 03 60