Our Financial services offering is built on our expertise in three businesses: insurance, vehicle leasing and fleet management (ALD Automotive), and vendor and equipement financing (Societe Generale Equipment Finance). These businesses are complementary within the Group's diversified and well-balanced business model, generating strong synergies in the many countries in which we operate.
Societe Generale Insurance, the insurance business line of Societe Generale group, is a key part of the the Group's development, working in synergy with all the activities of retail banking, private banking and financial services, in France and worldwide. Societe Generale Insurance also works to develop its distribution model via partner agreements with financial services providers outside of the Group.
Present in France through the Sogécap, Antarius, Sogessur and Oradéa Vie brands, and in 12 other countries worldwide, Societe Generale Insurance offers a complete range of products and services to meet the needs of individual clients, professionals and companies in terms of life insurance and savings, reirement planning and accident insurance.
Societe Generale Insurance is a leading actor in the "bancassurance" market in France and had made its expertise available internationally for over 20 years.
- Sogecap, Societe Generale’s life insurance and savings company, designs a broad range of insurance products for individual, professional and corporate customers (life insurance, retirement savings schemes, personal protection and more).
- Antarius, Credit du Nord's life Insurance company, has been owned 50 % by Sogecap (majority shareholder) and 50% by Credit du Nord since April 2017.
Based on an integrated bancassurance model, Antarius provides a complete range of products: life insurance and savings, group retirement, protection, dependence and annuity dedicated to individuals, professionals and corporate client.
- Sogessur is Societe Generale’s property and accident insurance provider. It offers a full range of insurance products for individuals (auto and home insurance, personal accident and life insurance, school insurance and more). Sogessur also insures the payment methods the Group provides to individual, professional and not-for-profit customers.
- Oradéa Vie is the life insurance company of Societe Generale Insurance, 100% subsidiary owned by Sogécap, dedicated to external partnerships in France. Its partners, independent wealth management advisor, large broker networks, asset management companies and asset management banks, trust Oradéa Vie to develop their life insurance activities.
The insurance business line is present in 13 countries and holds leading positions:
- France: 6th largest life insurer and #5th largest Bankinsurance
- Czech Republic: 2nd largest Life Insurer
- Morocco: 3rd largest life Insurer
- Luxembourg: 6th largest life Insurer
- Romania: 3rd largest life Insurer
Vendor and equipment finance
Societe Generale Equipment Finance is the European leader in equipment finance for a broad range of businesses, from SMEs to large international companies. Societe Generale Equipement Finance also supports equipment manufacturers and distributors working in the transport, industrial equipment and high-tech sectors by meeting their equipment and vendor financing needs.
As the leading company in Europe and No. 2 worldwide, SGEF operates in 41 countries, employs 3,500 people and manages a portfolio of €17.2 billion in credit outstandings. It has a broadly diverse customer base, to whom it offers a varied range of products (financial leasing, loans, leasing, purchase of receivables, etc.) and services (insurance, truck leasing with services).
Often recognised by the leasing industry, in 2016 Societe Generale Equipment Finance was named “SME Champion, Europe” at the Leasing Life Awards and “Italy's most profitable leasing company” by Milano Finanza.
Vehicle leasing and fleet management
Present in 41countries and managing over 1.4 million vehicles, ALD Automotive is one of the world’s leading vehicle leasing and fleet management companies.
ALD Automotive has been developing and delivering a complete range of solutions for controlling, managing and optimising corporate vehicle costs. In France, ALD Automotive won the "Best Customer Service Award 2017"* in the Long-term Car Leasing category, an award it has received for nine consecutive years.
* Inference Operations Report – Viséo CI