Our Financial services offering is built on our expertise in three businesses: insurance, vehicle leasing and fleet management (ALD Automotive), and vendor and equipment financing (Societe Generale Equipment Finance). These businesses are complementary within the Group's diversified and well-balanced business model, generating strong synergies in the many countries in which we operate.
Societe Generale Assurances, is at the heart of Societe Generale Group’s development strategy, in synergy with all its retail and private banking distribution networks in France and abroad. Societe Generale Assurances also pursues the expansion of its distribution model through the development of external partnerships.
Present in France with Sogecap, Antarius, Sogessur and Oradea Vie, and in 10 countries abroad, Societe Generale Assurances offers a full range of products and services to meet the needs of individual, professional and corporate clients in Life Insurance Savings, Retirement Savings and Personal Protection.
Drawing on the expertise of its 2,800 employees, Societe Generale Assurances posted revenues of 13.4 billion euros in 2018. It manages 115 billion euros of outstandings and 23 million contracts.
- Sogecap, Societe Generale’s life insurance and savings company, designs a broad range of insurance products for individual, professional and corporate customers (life insurance, retirement savings schemes, personal protection and more). Sogecap is rated A- by Standard & Poor’s.
- Antarius, Credit du Nord's life Insurance company, has been owned 50 % by Sogecap (majority shareholder) and 50% by Credit du Nord since April 2017.
Based on an integrated bancassurance model, Antarius provides a complete range of products: life insurance and savings, group retirement, protection, dependence and annuity dedicated to individuals, professionals and corporate client.
- Sogessur is Societe Generale’s property and accident insurance provider. It offers a full range of insurance products for individuals (auto and home insurance, personal accident and life insurance, school insurance and more). Sogessur also insures the payment methods the Group provides to individual, professional and not-for-profit customers.
- Oradéa Vie is the life insurance company of Societe Generale Assurances, 100% subsidiary owned by Sogecap, dedicated to external partnerships in France. Its partners, independent wealth management advisor, large broker networks, asset management companies and asset management banks, trust Oradea Vie to develop their life insurance activities.
The insurance business line is present in 10 countries and holds leading positions:
- France: 6th largest life insurer and 5th largest Bankinsurance
- Czech Republic: 1st largest life Insurer
- Morocco: 3rd largest life Insurer
- Romania: 3rd largest life Insurer
Vendor and equipment finance
Societe Generale Equipment Finance is the European leader in equipment finance for a broad range of businesses, from SMEs to large international companies. Societe Generale Equipement Finance also supports equipment manufacturers and distributors working in the transport, industrial equipment and high-tech sectors by meeting their equipment and vendor financing needs.
As a leading company in Europe, SGEF operates in 22 countries and manages a portfolio of EUR 18.7 billion in outstandings. It has a broadly diverse customer base, ranging from large international companies to SMEs, to which it offers a varied range of products (financial leasing, loans, leasing, purchase of receivables, etc.) and services (insurance, truck leasing with services).
Regularly recognised by the leasing industry, Societe Generale Equipment Finance was named “European Lessor of the Year” at the Leasing Life Awards held on 15th November 2018 in Tallinn.
Vehicle leasing and fleet management
Present in 43 countries and managing over 1.66 million vehicles, ALD Automotive is one of the world’s leading vehicle leasing and fleet management companies.
ALD Automotive has been developing and delivering a complete range of solutions for controlling, managing and optimising corporate vehicle costs. In France, ALD Automotive won the "Best Customer Service Award 2019"* in the Operational Leasing category, in a survey by BVA Group-Viséo CI.